Gabon struck late to salvage a 1-1 draw with Ghana in their second Group C match on Friday evening.
The ‘Black Stars’ led for over 70 minutes until Jim Allevinah’s late strike broke their hearts in Yaoundé.
Andre Ayew scored a belter on the 18th minute to give the Ghana the lead before the Gabonese strike at the death to secure an important point.
Footballmadeinghana rated the performance of the Black Stars players.
16. Jojo Wollacot (GK)- ( 6/10) – Solid display from the goalkeeper. Made some good saves to denied the Gabonese. Was well composed on the day. Can’t be blame for the goal he conceded.
2. Andy Yiadom( 5/10)- Struggled at the beginning but recovered very well in the second half. Didn’t do much in the attack but went about his defensive duties.
17. Baba Rahman ( 5/10) – Made a great block in the penalty box to stop a goal bound effort in the second half. Was very impressive on the day. Struggled later in the game.
23. Alexander Djiku ( 6/10)- Didn’t put any foot in the wrong in the game. Was very strong at the back. Made a lot of intervention and blocks to denied the Gabonese.
18. Daniel Amartey ( 6/10)- Another impressive game from the Leicester city defender. Rose up to the occasion and showed his qualities on the day.
21. Baba Iddrisu ( 6/10)- Good game from the Mallorca midfielder. Was lively throughout his stay on the pitch. Was defensively solid providing the needed shield for the back four. Suffered an injury in the second half and was withdrawn for Jospeh Painstil.
22. Kamaldeen Suleman ( 4/10)- Wasn’t involve much in the game. Was completely marked by the Gabonese. Showed a lot of glimpse when on the ball. In all it was a dissapointing outing from the youngster.
5. Thomas Partey ( 4/10)- The Arsenal man struggled to find his feat in the game. Grew up in the game in the second half and made some decent impact in the game. Still yet to come to the party.
9. Jordan Ayew (6/10)- Not a bad performance from the Crystal Palace star. Worked very hard for the team. Won a number fouls at a dangerous position. Was lively on the day.
15. Daniel Kyere (5/10) – Good game from the midfielder. Struggled in the first half but came strongly in the second half. God everything right in the second half. Gradually finding his feat at the National team.
10. Dede Ayew ( 7/10)- Man of the match. Gave Ghana the lead with a beautiful finish. Worked tirelessly for the team with his runs and hunger to do more. Got tired late in the game but was made to last the entire duration of the game.
Edmund Addo( 3/10)- I was introduced to add energy in the midfield. Addo was solid but couldn’t make any impact in the game.
Jospeh Painstil (3 /10)- Impressive cameo. Made a lot of surging runs on the right side but his final delivery let him down.