Eric Bekoe has finally narrated his version of events that led to the breakdown of his sensational return to Asante Kotoko in 2012.

The prolific poacher scored an incredible 17 goals in 23 matches as he won the top goalscorer award in the 2007/08 Ghana Premier League season before leaving the Baba Yara Stadium after just one season to join Petrojet in Egypt.

He was however convinced to return to Kotoko again and accepted to do so because of his love for club.

The 33 year old narrated how he was courted by the Porcupine Warriors to abandon his lucrative contract with Petro Jet only for them to turn their backs on him when he arrived in Ghana.

“When I was in Egypt I had a call from a high ranking member of the club about a possibility of a return. At the time I had a 4 year contract which was worth a lot. I had to cancel my contract before I was able to come back to Ghana. So I had to wave almost about $400,000 to leave Petro Jet just to come and serve Kotoko again” he revealed in an interview Nhyira FM.

“They promised me that when I returned they were going to package my contract and ensure there were bonuses each time I scored a goal. I was not the one who negotiated these terms, the club offered it to me and they made it rich for me to come”

“I bought my own ticket back to Ghana, so when I came I was training with the team and even scored goals when we went to Cape Coast for training camp. When we went back to Kumasi I was living at one of Dr. K.K Sarpong’s lodges and one day on our way from our training ground I had a call that they said I taken a lady to my room meanwhile I was not even there but you know when they want to forge something on you everything comes up. I’m telling you this is deep and Godwin Ablode is my witness. I was right there with the rest of squad so how come I was in the room with a lady?” An emotional Bekoe quizzed

“That one passed and they were still finding more means to trap me but I was patient to see what happens” he continued

“So we were about to go back to cape coast and this was the saddest part. I was in the club’s kit together with the rest of the squad on the team bus and at this time I had spent all my money and I was left with only GHC50 on me. Somewhere along the road the bus stop and I was informed that they said the doctor I have water in my knee but the thing I hadn’t done any medical with the club. They dropped me off in the middle of nowhere and I changed from the club’s kit just by the road side and that was it”