Ashantigold defeated Morrocan side RS Berkane by 3-2 in the first leg of the CAF Confederations Cup.

Despite taking a two goal lead in the first half through Eric Donkor and Shafiu Mumuni, the visitors responded with two quick goals in the second half. Amos Addai got the winner for the home side in the 60th minute ahead of the second leg in Morroco.

Ricardo Da Rocha made only change to the team that beat Akonangui FC by 3-0 three weeks ago.

Appiah McCarthy started in the place of injured Mark Agyakum

The game started with both sides looking stamp their authority in the early stages.

Ashantigold nearly got the opener after a wonderful one two pass by Donkor and Silver, but Shafiu Mumuni couldn’t connect Silver’s cross in the penalty box.

Appiah McCarthy came close with a beautiful freekick but his strike was saved by Laaroubi.

Eric Donkor finally gave Ashantigold the lead with a wonderful strike from the left side of the attack.

Appiah McCarthy nearly made 2-0 for the home side but his free kick bounced off the crossbar.

The visitors made their first substitution of the game in the half hour mark bringing Souhail Yechou for Bakre El Helali.

Ashantigold kept pushing for the second but the visitors remained resolute at the back.

Ashantigold got the second through Shafiu Mumuni, the striker acted quickly to hit the ball ahead of Yusif Daiwo

The first half ended Ashanti 2-0 RS Berkane

Ashantigold continued from where they left in the first half and nearly had the third but Shafiu Mumuni’s his strike was disallowed for offside.

Mohammed Aziz pulled one back for Berkane in the 50th minute heading home a free kick from Zaid Krouch .

Hamdi Laachir made it 2-2 for the away side with a great strike outside the penalty box.

Amos Addai made it 3-2 for Ashantigold with a low shot in the penalty box.

Ashantigold came close again but Amos Nkrumah’s effort was saved by Laaroubi.

Kwadwo Amoako tried a long drive from the right side but shot went over the bar.

Hamdi Laachir nearly equalize for the visitors in the 86th minute but his beautiful curl blast off the crossbar.

Ashantigold huffed and puffed but couldn’t get another goal to add to their lead as the referee whistled for the end of the game.

The game ended 3-2.