MATCH REPORT: Kotoko 2-0 Kano Pillars – Porcupines skip past Pillars to progress to next round

Asante Kotoko beat Kano Pillars by 2-0 to qualify to the round 32 of the CAF Champions League.

A goal in each halves from Kelvin Andoh and Emmanuel Gyamfi secured a comfortable win for the Porcupine Warriors.

Asante Kotoko started the game in a very high tempo looking to break the deadlock.

Kotoko took the lead in the 2nd minute, A beautiful shot by Emmanuel Gyamfi was saved by Suraj Ayeleso, Kelvin Andoh reacted quickly and blasted home the rebound.

Asante Kotoko kept on pilling the pressure on their opponent with Emmanuel Gyamfi the focus of the attack.

Emmanuel Gyamfi came close again with a good cross but Nasiru Sani did well to clear the ball.

It was all Kotoko as they searched for another goal but Pillars defense remained resolute

Patrick Yeboah came close again for Kotoko But his feeble kick was easily dealt on by Suraj Ayeleso.

Nzube Anaezemba  registered the first shot on target for the visitors but Felix Annan saved it with ease.

Pillars had a golden chance in the 39th minute to level matters , Rabiu Ali had his way through the Kotoko defense and was only left with Felix Annan, but the goalkeeper did well to steal ten ball from him.

Kano Pillars kept on asking questions in the die embers of the first half but couldn’t find the answers as the referee bring to an end the first half.

The home team continued from where they left off in the first half putting a lot of pressure on the visitors.

Kelvin Andoh had the chance to get his  second goal half after getting passed two defenders, but a poor delivery from him was saved by Suraj Ayeleso.

Naby Keita had the ball at the back of the net for Kotoko in the 55th minute, but was dissalowed for Offside.

Emmanuel Gyamfi came close with a low shot in the penalty box but missed the target by inch.

Richard Arthur nearly double his team lead in the 76th minute, but his shot blasted crossbar.

Emmanuel Gyamfi made it 2-0 for the Kotoko in the 80th minute, placing home the ball at the back of the net after a wonderful one two with Richard Arthur.

Naby Keita was given his marching orders in the 89th minute after recieving his second caution for time wasting.

Kotoko defended very well till the blast of the final whistle.

Asante Kotoko progress with 4-3 on aggregate.

Related posts